Let me ask a question…
What did you do last year for Mother’s Day? We all love flowers, cards, maybe a little somethin’ somethin’ however I can guarantee that this year you can really wow your mom and celebrate Mother’s Day with a V.I.P. art experience! Of course, this workshop is not limited to just moms – aunts, best friends, godmothers, grandmas and girlfriends are all welcome! If you like birds, cupcakes, candies, doilies, mermaids, teacups, anything with lace, glitter, party hats, horned-rimmed glasses, Alice in Wonderland, and the word “whimsical” then this workshop is right up your alley!
Extra credit will be given to anyone wearing a costume.
Ok. This is going to be fun…
Spend a delightful afternoon creating an assortment of small artworks no larger than 5″ x 5″. This is the workshop where Mini Mixed Media Magic comes to life! Tips & tricks will be demonstrated at the beginning of the play-day:
- how to apply collage paper
- using acrylic glazes to stain and color
- adding fun elements like stickers to add charm
- how simple shapes become amusing add-ons
What you need to bring:
- 3 small canvases or cut sheets of watercolor paper no larger than 5″ x 5″. Artist Trading Cards are very welcome.
- 1/2″ wide paint brush
- #4 round paintbrush
- 4oz container of Liquitex Matte Medium (this can be shared)
- soft charcoal pencil
- Small assortment of collage paper, book pages, stickers or anything you’d like to glue onto your masterpiece. Whatever you bring must fit into a manilla envelope or shoebox! Please resist the urge to bring your crafter’s tote bins loaded with a lifetime’s worth of paper – thank you for your deep understanding.
- Spread the love, be open to sharing what you bring
- Lunch or snacks (we will not be breaking for an actual lunch so bring some nibbles if you’d like to snack while you create)
What you can expect from this day:
- Random outbursts of laughter
- A glitter bar / leaving with glitter on more than your painting
- Having fun with your favorite gal (not me, silly! Your mom, niece, aunt, BFF, person sitting next to you. Although I’m pretty cool too…)
- Creating a collection of creative creations
- Winning Mother’s Day
Please submit the above form as the classes fill up fast. PayPal is accepted / credit cards are easily accepted through “Square” (preferred) and will finalize your registration! Cancellations must be made 1 week prior to the workshop. All PayPal refunds will be redeposited into your PayPal account. Refunded money may take up to 7 business days to appear in your bank account depending on payment method and bank processing. If you’ve registered for the workshop and don’t show up (have not cancelled within 1 week) your payment will be retained.
Where to park? Check out these Midtown Sacramento parking tips to help you have an awesome workshop experience!