Do you need an encaustic space to create?
It’s finally here!
The Deluxe Encaustic Lab is a 3-hour block of time so you can focus, practice and paint. This lab is uninstructed however I will be present in case you have a question or two. This lab is designed to be a V.I.P. experience limited to only 6 participants. Here is what’s included in your all-access ticket (drum roll please…)
- R&F Encaustic Paint: I have a rainbow array of colors that you can use. This includes an assortment of metallics. If you see a color that you like in my collection I am more than happy to get it melted for you.
- R&F Encaustic Medium: You don’t need to bring your skillet from home! I’ve got the medium ready to go (read below if you are planning on using A LOT of medium)
- Tools: Brushes, Stencils, incising tools, scrapers, rubber tools and the like. Of course, if you are welcome to bring your own favorites from home if you have something special.
- The Heat: Iwatani torches and R&F Variable Temp Heat Guns are available for you to use. I prefer and encourage the use of torches however if you are more comfortable with heat guns I can set one up for you.
- Safe working environment: Limited seating offers you elbow room to spread out. You get a whole table to yourself! Galvanized sheet metal at each table provides a safe work space. And oh yes, the classroom is ventilated!
- Ready to go! Just show up with your panels and any special/specific supplies you want to work with. The space will be ready for you to jump in!
So what do you need to bring?
- Panels: I encourage small-scale projects since the lab is 3 hours. Really use this time to focus on a few pieces rather than a lot of pieces. I suggest panels around 5 x 5 up to 8 x 10 in size. However if you feel like you can get results in that time frame on a larger panel such as 11 x 14 or 12 x 16 I can facilitate the extra wax for an additional materials fee of $25. This fee would also be applied to multiple pours as well. Basically any max-wax usage.
- Specialty supplies: bring your own collage papers, inclusions, drawing materials, special tools or anything specific to your project.
- Appropriate attire and a great attitude: jeans or long pants, close-toed shoes, long hair tied back in ponytail, avoid loose-fitting “flowy” clothes.
The Deluxe Encaustic Lab $100 “Golden Ticket” (because you know sometimes you need to treat yourself):
- All of the above
- Gain a half-hour of work-time 12:30pm – 4pm
- PLUS the use of a 16 x 16 R&F Heated Palette. This is GREAT if you want to practice color mixing
- Max-Wax usage: Work up to 16 x 20 and practice pours. (e-mail me ASAP to reserve your Golden Ticket as this is very limited)
Please email me and let me know how I can make your lab extra special!
Please submit the above form as the classes fill up fast and are limited to 4 students. PayPal is accepted / credit cards are easily accepted through “Square” (preferred) and will finalize your registration! Encaustic class cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the workshop. All PayPal refunds will be redeposited into your PayPal account. Refunded money may take up to 7 business days to appear in your bank account depending on payment method and bank processing. If you’ve registered for the workshop and don’t show up (have not cancelled within 2 weeks) your payment will be retained.