Do you need an encaustic space to create?
It’s finally here!
The Deluxe Encaustic Lab is a 3-hour block of time so you can focus, practice and paint. This lab is uninstructed however I will be present in case you have a question or two. This lab is designed to be a V.I.P. experience limited to only 6 participants. Here is what’s included in your all-access ticket (drum roll please…)
- R&F Encaustic Paint: I have a rainbow array of colors that you can use. This includes an assortment of metallics. If you see a color that you like in my collection I am more than happy to get it melted for you.
- R&F Encaustic Medium: You don’t need to bring your skillet from home! I’ve got the medium ready to go (read below if you are planning on using A LOT of medium)
- Tools: Brushes, Stencils, incising tools, scrapers, rubber tools and the like. Of course, if you are welcome to bring your own favorites from home if you have something special.
- The Heat: Iwatani torches and R&F Variable Temp Heat Guns are available for you to use. I prefer and encourage the use of torches however if you are more comfortable with heat guns I can set one up for you.
- Safe working environment: Limited seating offers you elbow room to spread out. You get a whole table to yourself! Galvanized sheet metal at each table provides a safe work space. And oh yes, the classroom is ventilated!
- Ready to go! Just show up with your panels and any special/specific supplies you want to work with. The space will be ready for you to jump in!
So what do you need to bring?
- Panels: I encourage small-scale projects since the lab is 3 hours. Really use this time to focus on a few pieces rather than a lot of pieces. I suggest panels around 5 x 5 up to 8 x 10 in size. However if you feel like you can get results in that time frame on a larger panel such as 11 x 14 or 12 x 16 I can facilitate the extra wax for an additional materials fee of $25. This fee would also be applied to multiple pours as well. Basically any max-wax usage.
- Specialty supplies: bring your own collage papers, inclusions, drawing materials, special tools or anything specific to your project.
- Appropriate attire and a great attitude: jeans or long pants, close-toed shoes, long hair tied back in ponytail, avoid loose-fitting “flowy” clothes.
The Deluxe Encaustic Lab $100 “Golden Ticket” (because you know sometimes you need to treat yourself):
- All of the above
- Gain a half-hour of work-time 12:30pm – 4pm
- PLUS the use of a 16 x 16 R&F Heated Palette. This is GREAT if you want to practice color mixing
- Max-Wax usage: Work up to 16 x 20 and practice pours. (e-mail me ASAP to reserve your Golden Ticket as this is very limited)
There will be another Deluxe Encaustic Lab on Sunday December 3rd
Please email me and let me know how I can make your lab extra special!